The paper is old, faded and worn. It was found in an old box with some photos. The photos were scenery and people unknown, judging by the clothing I’d say in the 40’s. The text was typewriter typed. The folds in the paper created holes, it’s been folded and unfolded many times I’m sure. I can picture a young woman reading and laughing, perhaps before her beau is off to war. It’s clever and shows signs of respect, from an era long gone, but romantic and kind. Perhaps this Valentine spirit will warm your heart,too.
The Ten Commandments of Love
- Remember your sweetheart.
- Thou shalt not make GooGoo eyes at other girls, or boys.
- Thou shalt not Tease.
- Thou shalt not love to kiss, but kiss to love.
- Thou shalt not do things in public, but in private.
- Thou shalt not make love to other girls, one will do.
- Thou shalt not wink at other girls, or boys.
- Thou shalt not let a girl or boy guess, but let him or her know you love them.
- Thou shalt not ask for a kiss but take one.
- Always kiss a girl when she is smiling, because she has a gentle love.
Signed, Dan Cupid